Denials Management Coding Specialist
Denials Management Specialist – Patient Accounts – Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Denials Management Specialist (DMS) specialize in follow up of denied claims from all commercial and contracted payers. DMS’s are responsible to perform timely and appropriate validation and follow up denied claims, including the initial assessment of the denials received via the denials management systems queue (XDM) to determine the appropriate course of action for resolving the claims. DMS’s thoroughly investigate denied claims to ensure timely and proper follow-up for addressing denials including assigning them to the appropriate resources within the denials and appeals management workflow, collaborating with the Clinical Appeals Program Manager to initiate the appeals process, and coordinating with the Insurance Claims Representative (ICR) and/or Accounts Management Specialist (AMS) to complete research to support the claim review and to determine and execute the appropriate course of action for resubmission of the claims to obtain reimbursement. The DMS is also responsible for supporting the development of business processes for managing the denials and appeals process at CTCA. They will provide system and process support to the broader multi-functional Denials and Appeals resources. The DMS will support and administer training for XDM (the denials management technology) and participate in system support activities. The Denials Management Specialists report directly to the Manager of Denials and Appeals.
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills.
- College Degree Preferred.
- Must have minimum of 1-2 years experience in registration, collection and verification in a healthcare setting or similar service profession.
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must have experience with account reconciliation and balancing
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be highly productive and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of PC and other office equipment with Windows experience.
- Must have experience with current ICD coding methodology, insurance terminology and ability to read an Explanation of Benefits.
- Must have outstanding telephone communication and customer service skills.
- Must be efficient, reliable, goal oriented and adaptable to change while maintaining productivity levels.
- Must be able to perform routine mathematical, color coding and alphabetizing functions.
- Must be Team oriented.
- Must be courteous and professional.
- Must be willing to travel as needed
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals, and corporate entities, earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who value working with others and thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.