Account Management Specialist
Account Management Specialist
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Account Management Specialist (AMS) manages the patient financial experience as the analytical and relationship arm of the Patient Accounts lifecycle. This role performs account management and analysis; as well as complete, timely, and accurate follow up on both hospital and physician account balances with the objective of optimizing reimbursement and ensuring that our patients receive the best CTCA has to offer in account management.
The AMS interacts with, and leverages, external and internal sources to overcome barriers, problem solve, and ultimately resolve account balances. The AMS function is directly responsible for approximately 30% of ongoing cash flow and therefore, is expected to review and determine appropriate management actions on assigned patient accounts at a minimum of every 45 days or as the collection process to resolution requires.
- Must have a high school diploma/equivalent or passed proficiency exam, with strong analytical skills.
- Associates degree in related field is desirable.
- BA/BS is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years or greater A/R experience in a hospital or physician healthcare setting which will include insurance and self-pay healthcare collections/billing as well as insurance verification experience.
- Must have outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Must have solid knowledge of medical terminology, ICD9 codes, CPT/HCPC’s codes.
- Must have advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have minimum two-years of basic computer use and background.
- Must have experience with account reconciliation and balancing.
- Must have knowledge of collection agency work, probate courts and its requirements, and bankruptcy laws and regulations.
- Must be familiar with Medicare Bad Debt laws and requirements
- Must have knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Laws.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.